Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quick Foundation Update


Well, with an update on the foundation, we got some amazing news yesterday! We had a meeting with our lawyer who has offered to donate his time and services to the cause, also we received a call from our accountant with the same message to us.

Unfortunately we still need to come up with the filing fee's for the state for incorporation and recognition, and to the IRS for tax exemption.
The fee's add up! So were trying to scramble for contributors now, our lawyer wants to file ASAP as do we in order to try and have things in place by the end of the summer, and time is tight! He wants to file next week, and I just don't have the cash in my own account, neither does my sister.
I feel terrible asking for help from people before we have our tax exempt status, but its impossible to get the status without some help!
I just hope family and friends can help us pull this together, I'd hate to keep waiting, especially since its been 10 years in the making!

I will keep you posted on how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment