Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mommy Business Part 2



So since my announcement post on Mothers day my sister Lipshun and I have been Foundation planning full force, Little lipshun is on board, poppason ( our dad) approves, and plans are looking good, lots of awesome ideas for fundraisers, our mission statement is prepared, and I even started working up a proposal for potential donors ( our private donations to run the foundation) once we get our tax ID squared away!
I have hit a wall though, I need  a business lawyer to work pro bono for the foundation in order to get it operational, all the legal stuff needs to be in place along with getting our IRS tax ID number for donations and pledges to be written off on income tax.
I have yet to find this lawyer, A few people I have spoke to along with a few lawyers who don't handle charitable organizations have told me I need to go to the bigger law firms, that they HAVE to do pro bono work.
So I have a few contacts out, but I feel like its taking forever! I want to start fundraising, and planning the 1st annual benefit dinner, and I cant until we are legally recognized as a charitable foundation By NYS & the IRS!

But aside from that hold up it looks like we may make this work, and our plans are fantastic! I cant wait to see my friends mock up of the foundation logo, I have a feeling that is going to make it all real for me!

I really want to give you details and the mission statement all my plans, but I am so sorry i have to wait until we are official, a recognized Charity in NYS, this is very important to me and I don't want to jinx it!

I know my mother would have loved this, and I hope she's watching us bust our humps to make it real and smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment