Friday, May 6, 2011

No Sick Days

In the past if I were sick at all, I would simply pick up the phone, call my manager and say "I wont be in today" and roll back over and sleep till I felt better, or got hungry whichever came first!
When your job description includes caregiver, housekeeper, cook and entertainer.... you do not have that luxury! You see, because no matter how awful I am feeling, at 7 am everyday, A-bunny will wake up, and expect mommy to change her diaper, give her milk & her breakfast, play with her, read to her, give her snack & snuggle her before her morning nap.... then the afternoon she will wake up and expect another diaper, lunch, playtime inside or outside, more reading dinner, bath time and so on!
and unfortunately for me ( fortunate for my husband) I always seem to get sick while he is working night shift! so I am doing ALL of it all by my lonesome!
She is usually the one who gets me sick also, so this particular time she is just starting to feel better, still with plenty of boogers & complaining though! cant get frustrated with it, I now know exactly how she's been feeling!

so even though I have a fever & chills, my nose is closed up and no matter how hard or often I blow it wont clear, that my throat feels like it is on fire & my chest is tight..... There is no sick day for me! To top of all this, household chores must still be handled! laundry cant keep piling up, cant have the sink overflow with dishes, and surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized to avoid spreading more germs! floors much be vacuumed and meals must be cooked!

I know it will pass in a couple of days, and anything I cant do I will catch up on when I feel better, but with my luck I'll be spending my mothers day after soccer at home cleaning! 
I love my new job, but sometimes I wish I still had 1 or 2 of the perks from my old one!

No comments:

Post a Comment