Saturday, May 21, 2011

Puppy Problems

A-Bunny loves dogs, she see a dog ANYWHERE on TV, in a car, while we are out and about, she immediately starts saying "puppy" over and over and over, she wont stop until the puppy is out of sight.
Well our neighbors have a dog, a big very scary Shepard ( I don't like any large dog with a pointed snout, they scare me, Dobermans,Shepard,Canaan's, Chinook) Its funny because I love large typically "scary" breeds of dogs, mastiff's, bull dogs( all types) pit bulls, my favorite breed is a Rottweiler... but if you put a pointy nosed dog in front of me I tense up!

Anyway's, back to the point, our neighbors have a Shepard, big scary thing that loves to get right in A-bunnies face and sniff & lick her whenever he's out... Well the last time she wound up with a rash on her face, we thought it might have been something in the grass, or in the air, she had just got over a virus that caused her to get a rash on her back, we thought maybe it was just popping up else ware..... Well today the dog did it again, and sure enough Bunny girl started to get blotches on her face!
I think she may be allergic to him, and this is a great concern to me, because not only does SHE love puppies, but MOMMY has lobbiedto get an English bulldog for YEARS! I've put in lots of hard work, and piled on the guilt thick, in fact when A-bunny started showing an interest in puppies I started teaching her to say "Daddy puppy Please" which she has mastered! That along with " I want a puppy daddy" when she says it it is more like "Iwna puppy daddy" in triple speed! but still she's right on board with the agenda her speech is just not up to par with her agenda! We have been softening daddy up to the idea of a puppy, and he's been considering it!
If my bunny is allergic, we will both be VERY sad girls!

I don't think I have the heart to tell her "no you cant have a puppy because they make you sick" The poor girl LOVES puppies! I'm hoping its a fluke with only this dog, and she wont have any other issues. Her great Aunt had 2 labs that she hasn't had a problem with that I have noticed!

Fingers crossed for us, My poor bunny wants a puppy so bad! (and so does MOMMY!)

2 comments:

  1. It may just be a reaction to the rough tongue. If she gets the rash when he licks her face. Connor use to get a rash after John kissed him from the roughness of his stubbly face. Does it fade quickly?
    Every kid needs a dog, hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this last time it went away in a few hours, the first time around her eye swelled up like crazy, looked like she got punched!

    ReplyDelete