Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Prop's for Big Boy

I am one of those woman who brags about her hubby! I love everything about my husband, even the quirks that can drive me crazy sometimes! He is the absolute perfect guy for me, he knows me inside and out the strange workings of my brain, and even though i drive him crazy sometimes, he loves me just the same!

He has spoiled me since the first week we started dating, and has not stopped since. I am a middle child, being spoiled is something I will never get use to! I came from a family that loved me very much, but often in the stress and drama of other things going on during my mid-late childhood (examples; my mother being sick, my grandfather being ill, deaths, surgeries, therapies, and such) I often got lost in the shuffle. I use to be upset about this, and jealous of my 2 sisters that this did not really happen to. I accepted if for what it was, knew the reasons weren't that I wasn't loved or even that they didn't care, it just kind of happened, it still hurt a bit, but it wasn't devastating, nothing I couldn't handle!
Its pretty common for this to happen with middle children, let alone a middle child in a family prone to disaster!

Well Big boy changed that, he puts me as top priority ( now I share this with my A-bunny) 
Never really being spoiled I still feel some kind of way about getting presents & special treatment consistently, but I get it anyway and he doesn't let me argue it! 
Mothers day was no exception! I was allowed to sleep in while Big boy tended to A-bunnies morning routine, when I came down I was met with a cup of coffee and an egg sandwich.... when I got home from soccer I was able to shower & get ready for dinner while Big boy occupied A-bunny.... and then my loves gave me my gifts ( a gift card to go shopping & a bottle of my perfume) , cards & treated me to dinner out.... I felt like a princess! 

I use 2 try and skip over holidays when possible, I didn't look forward to them, in fear of "what if they forget" and also the bad memories I have of tragedies occurring on them.... I don't dread as many anymore, because I know that my husband will try with everything he has in him to make it a good day for me, he does it every year with my birthday ( which I am convinced is cursed) Valentines day, Christmas, new years... every day in my life attached with a sad memory he tries every year to turn it good.... it is the sweetest, and most loving thing i have ever witnessed!

I just had to praise him for this, because slowly but surely he is changeling things for me, he makes me feel better and better every year, and I love him for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment