Monday, April 4, 2011

a wipe for every occasion

I know I have some issues, Everyone does, little quirks and habits, traits they picked up from family members or friends. Something you were born with embedded in your head.
Everyone has them, Mine are a little on the odd & extreme side in some cases, i have a slight touch of OCD, nothing to write home about, i don't need to touch a door knob 15 times before i can open the door, or repeat certain words a multitude of times to get on with my day.
But i have some "odd" things that i do routinely that I often get teased about.

I will give you a few examples
1- Certain foods were just never meant to touch on a plate, if I could eat 80% of my meals off divider plates i would. ( certain exceptions do apply, such as; soup, pot pie, stew, chili.... basically if it was all cooked together I am OK, if it was in separate pans on the stove, it should no touch on the plate the ONLY exception to that rule is a sandwich!)- this one is the one that gets me teased the most!

2- hygiene- If i could I would exfoliate until my skin was raw 2-3 times a day ( i actually caused a medical issue from doing this for so long, i now have severe eczema and am not suppose to exfoliate more then once a month or i will aggravate & spread the dry patches ) Your face should be washed at least twice a day ( when i was a teenager I would wash my face up to 6 times a day *not so good for your skin*)
Hair needs to be washed before anything else when I take a shower, then from the neck down, face last.

3- lists are necessary for everything I do, from my daily activities, to major events, I have at least 4 notebooks in my house at all times, all containing various check lists ( my father calls me the "list lady")

That should give you a little idea, I have more "quirks" that i am sure my friends, husband & family could tell you about for hours, but those are the biggest "OCD" issues i have.

Well I have come across yet another reason 2 be made fun of, with a child comes all new AMMO!

I have a mild case of germaphobia, as you may have noticed from my other posts.
I don't mind having this a a quirk, I would prefer you keep your germs to yourself and leave me out of the exchange!

With that said here's the new ammo, I left Angie with one of her surrogate grandma's while i went to go see to for my closest friends in the hospital ( they just had a beautiful baby girl)
I got back and realized that she went through the diaper bag, and noticed something that I wasn't even totally aware of until she mentioned it.
I have a wipe for every possible germ occasion in the diaper bag.
I have Boogie wipes for a runny nose, pacifier wipes for dropped plugs, hand and face wipes for germy people touching her and after meal cleanup, disinfectant surface wipes for shopping carts and restaurant tables, and butt wipes for .... well you get the idea.
I literally own and carry every single type of wipe made & carry it with me on a daily basis
and that does not count my hand sanitizer that is in my purse!

I guess that quirk is a little worse for the ware since A-bunny came into play!
but everybody has there "things"....... right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment