Monday, April 11, 2011

sleep training blues

I am having the HARDEST time sleep training A-bunny! She breast fed for 9 months, and in turn got use to falling asleep while eating in my arms. Now she is 1 week shy of being a year old and still needs to be cradled to sleep! She cannot fall asleep with me in her room with her, she gets distracted and just wants me, if i leave the room she cries and complains & then winds up playing in her crib and talking to herself, but not sleeping.... she can be deliriously tiered and hardly have her eyes open but its seems almost out of spite will do everything except fall asleep..... she has gone 90 min strait the course of an entire nap without sleeping, just crying for me to pick her up.
as soon as i pick her up her head goes on my shoulder or chest and she knocks out.... its a crap shoot! I don't know what to do about it, its terrible, and she is not a tiny 1year old!
shes around 31 inches long and circling around 25lbs! I cannot cradle her anymore!
i really wish i would have known this would happen! I would not have let her fall asleep while eating! or i might have stopped breast feeding at 6 months like i wanted to!


the reason for this blog is not that i have free time, it is that i am in the next room listening to my A-bunny protest, I was in there but I needed a break from the room, this has been going on for almost 2 hours!

back in to sing more songs.... fingers crossed for me that the waves the white flag soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment