Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gone Fishing

Big Boy is a fisherman, its his hobby, and he has been doing it since childhood. He loves it, and is borderline obsessed.
Example; I have at least 10 fishing poles (i think closer to 20 but i never count) in my garage, 2 LARGE tackle boxes, and 2 smaller easy to carry tackle boxes, all full... as well as 2 row boats parked on reservoirs!

I don't mind it, its alot healthier then having him bar hop like he did when he was a youngin or gambling our money away in AC!

BUT ... and there is a BUT! Have become jealous of this activity, not of him going fishing, but about him having something to do independently that makes him happy.
I organize and throw parties, but I do that from home during my normal days, and it makes me happy, but I do it with A-bunny on my hip.... I cook, and I LOVE to cook, but again, A-Bunny is right by my side, and Big boy also.

There are almost NO activities I have that do not involve my daughter.... Now don't get me wrong, I love my daughter more then anything else on earth and i love spending my time with her.... this is part of the problem, I feel guilty leaving her for more then a couple of hours, and i rarely do that. I feel like I am being a bad mommy ( I know totally ridiculous, working moms do it everyday and it does not lessen their ability of being a good parent)

But as you will notice the more you read and get to know me, I have a very unique way I process things, especially my own actions.

I digress...Back to my issue!
Fishing has become an envy of mine, Two or 3 days out of the month Big boy leaves me for about 6 hours, some days more, some less.... and has "daddy" time. The envy started back when I was pregnant.
I had a rough 1st pregnancy, I was put on modified bed rest at 26 weeks, tendinitis in the ligaments supporting my uterus ( sounds complex it isn't really, I had tennis elbow in my lower abdomen from the extra weight)  ANYWAY I wasn't able to do much aside from lay around and go to doctors appointments for 10 weeks, then when I hit 36 weeks my doc told me I could move a little more if I felt up to it but NOT go anywhere ALONE.

This was the start of the envy, because at 36 weeks, fishing season opened.... right around this time last year! So for 3 weeks before I had A-bunny, and up until now, there isn't a whole lot I have done on my own, and Big boy still gets his "daddy" time. I have of course gone out for a few hours hear and there, trips to the store alone, a couple of dinners out with friends, but no routine or special activity up until now!

So I have decided that I am going help one of my closest friends coach youth soccer this season.
I get to assist her for 2 hours, teach kiddies how to run drills and play a game that use 2 be my outlet!
its not exactly a hobby, but it is something fun for me!

I also spoke with big boy a few times and he came up with the idea of "scheduling" mommy days!
(he understand how my brain works and speaks Crystal language, he knows if I have a schedule I will stick to it and create a plan of action accordingly)
So that is my mission this week, to plan my mommy days this month, lunch with a friend after soccer or shopping ALONE after, whatever I want when Big boy has her those Sundays!

just one of the many reasons I love my husband, he understands me! ;)
now maybe I wont be so jealous of that fishing nonsense, he'll have his daddy days and Ill get some mommy days 2!

1 comment:

  1. Great compromise hun.
    I shall have to remember this in months to come, after baby arrives. I must have something for me and me alone :)

    ReplyDelete