Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Reader

A-Bunny has been partial to reading for a very long time now, she realized what books were at about 4 months old & began "reading" to herself while she played, reading out loud, turning the pages and telling stories.
It is quite cute, and I am very grateful she prefers books to the television.... MOST days!

Today is one of the days I wish she liked TV a little more! ( I know horrible thing to say)
She had a hard time falling asleep last night, she is still quite congested from her cold, so she didn't go out completely until around 12:30 am, which means i didn't get to bed until close to 2am.
well she woke up today in a horrible mood, cranky and yelling ( not her normal fashion she's typically a morning person like her daddy)
Before we even had her diaper change today or mommy got a single sip of coffee, she spotted a book in the living room and immediately asked "mommy read please" (very polite 11 month old! And I am not exaggerating she says it all the time)
So I let her hold her book while I changed her, and then she sat on my lap on the floor and asked again "read me please"
so I read her the book, and closed the cover and said "time for breakfast"
this was the 2nd stage of our hard morning, she then threw an all out fit crying " read me, read me, read me"
So i endured her fiasco all through her breakfast, and after we finished, between 8:45 and 10:30am when she went down for her nap, I read her Barnyard dance 15 times, goodnight moon 10 times and polar bear , polar bear 8 times..... she did not want to read to herself either, she wanted "mommy read please"

I have now had a little time to drink my coffee and wake up since this morning fiasco, but something tells me, my reading for 2day is not over... especially since she knows her schedule very well, and at 7pm she knows that its our "story hour" and goes and to the table where her books are and starts asking in her cute little voice "read me please" and even requests certain favorite books now like "moon mommy" for goodnight moon or "bear read" for polar bear polar bear.... I'm so proud that she's so smart, and very grateful she loves to read, I just wish sometimes she would want to simply play with her toys for an hour instead of every 5 minutes being asked "read me mommy"

Some days you just don't feel like reading ( I do it of course despite the distain on those days) I know I sound terrible, but I told you the blog would be honest lol

No comments:

Post a Comment