Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crash boom BANG!

My poor a-bunny is in the clumbsy stage of walking. She is still figureing out her balance and getting the hang of the whole idea!
So most walking is very slow, arms out in front of her for balance (or carrying toys the little bruit)
and lots of dropping to her BUM or knees when she cant keep steady.

Well yesterday the poor thing was having a rough day, she went to visit her MeMa (great grandma) while i went to visit my friends who just had the baby girl a few days back!
I was gone an hour and a half, when I came back it was like i had been missing a week!
Mema then reported she was a "very cranky girl" then entire time I had been gone, didnt eat or drink or nap, and was just being genrally grumpy.

so we packed up and went home, no nap in the car ( my child is one of the small percentage of children that does NOT fall asleep while in a running car!)
when we get home, I bring all the bags in and call A-bunny into the middle of the living room to get a diaper change.... this would be where this issue started!

She began to walk to me, and was uneasy, the first 3 steps were not smooth at all, and she looked  completely drunk, then she started to lean to one side a little and at this point is usually when she drops so she dosen't hit anything.... well my deleriously overtierd bunny forgot to drop to her knee and crashed head first into the coffee table with a LOUD BANG..... we have our first real speed bump!

Well if this hasnt happended to you yet let me give you a little insight to how it feels.... My stomach dropped so far i thought it was going to come out of my Bum! I got so scared I was ready to puke, that Bang was loud! and then the screaming a crying afterwards I would have swarn she gave her self a concussion!

within seconds there was a lump the size of a quarter on the forehead, that was already blue in the center & red around it, she freaked out everytime I tried to put a cold compress on it, and there I sat, having to watch it get worse , checking her pupils for 30 min strait, watching like a hawk for vomiting...... nothing, she was fine, the crying stopped after 4 or 5 minutes, and there is hardly a lump today..... 
My lipshuns Lovely advise is "get use to it, your kid seems like a rough and tumble kind of kid"
yeah not exactly the consoling words I needed! I guess she's just giving me her honest oppinion.

I think im going to look into putting A-bunny in a bubble! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment