Sunday, April 17, 2011

Birthday Bunny



One year ago at around this time of night, I was having NO luck sleeping at all, I was in a ton of pain..... every 6-10 min to be exact! 15 hours later the next day my pretty princess arrived, and my life changed forever.
For those who do not know I will give you a little back story of what lead up to this fantastic day in my life.
the prelude was not so fantastic!
After 11 months of trying unsuccessfully, the stick finally had a 2nd line and the fun began!
At the start of my pregnancy I was very lucky, no real morning sickness... nausea of course but nothing serious... half of my 2nd trimester was a breeze, I was a proud expecting mama sporting my baby bump in tight tunic tops and leggings and feeling fantastic..... as soon as I hit my halfway point at 20 weeks, things turned for the worse! I began getting terrible pain in my abdomen and later found out I had strained a ligament in my uterus... I was put on modified bed rest at 26 weeks,I also began having contractions at this time ( not in a pattern about 3-6 an hour) so they confined to my house, only allowed to get up to go to the bathroom, get food if I was alone and shower or take a bath.... it was awful until 36 weeks, then they lifted a lot of me restrictions because I was closer to my due date.
which was a relief considering I started contracting 10-15 min apart at 33 weeks.... these freaking things lasted 6 weeks.... all day everyday no breaks, I just kept getting told "don't call until the are 5-6 min apart and in a pattern" so I waited and waited, 6 weeks of timing contractions doctors appointments weekly for 8 weeks..... and finally two days before they were going to induce my labor @ 39 weeks, I started active labor at 8PM at night after I had done all the "Tricks" to kick start labor .... oh yeah folks, did them all!
16 hours later after a lot of tears, no sleep, an epidural and 2 boosters I started to push. and continued to push for an hour...........................................

P4180164.JPGP4200193.JPG

P4200195.JPG23982_1277335569548_1114742207_30689580_7782143_s.jpg


On April 18th, at 4:15pm a little princess was born, 7lbs 6oz and 21 1/2 inches long.
she was the only newborn I have even seen with chubby cheeks and she was HEAVENLY!
and her name is Angela Kathleen

That day I felt what I knew was coming for 9 months.... unconditional love! I have never seen a more beautiful thing in my entire life, and all the pain from the pregnancy and the 6 WEEKS of contractions proceeding my labor, they all melted away.

I know it sounds cliche' to say and I feel cheesy just typing it, but it is true, I have never loved something or someone this much in my life!

On A- bunnies first birthday her stats & fave's are as follows
7 adorable pearly white teeth that she loves to brush with her cartoon tooth brush
cherub curled strawberry blond hair identical to her mommy
walks 95% of the time independently
has a 13 word vocabulary ( that you can understand not all totally formed words but you can understand)
Is wearing size 18mo clothing and 4.5 shoe
fave food is pasta & meatballs
fave fruit is banana
fave veggie PEAS
Fave snack "DOODLES" ( Gerber puffs i promise not Cheetos's )
fave activity "READ ME PEASE"
loves to dance

I don't have her medical stats till Tues but you can bet your bottom I will be posting along with pic's from her first birthday party.
stay tuned for that one too, going to give all the fun details about the party! And the week leading up to it... but today It is all about my Bunny on her birthday!
Mommy loves you, Happy birthday pretty girl!

1 comment: