Friday, March 25, 2011

Grocery-store-phobia

I am a very social person, I love throwing parties and attending events, i LOVE socializing with "my" people.... That said, since i got pregnant and to this day, i have a horrible fear of going to the grocery store.

when your pregnant & showing you have strangers walk up 2 you and start holding a conversation about "when your due" and "how your feeling" and SWEARING " your carrying a boy" (when the ultrasound tech has given you 100% chance of having a girl) I had a woman actually argue with me that the ultrasound tech was wrong and A-bunny was a boy!
Then there were the people who thought it perfectly fine to violate my personal space, enter my bubble & touch my bulging belly..... well guess what folks, it does not stop after pregnancy!

Random strangers guessing how old my daughter is, swearing she is Irish cuz of her red hair & blue eyes ( A-bunny is 1/16th Irish, that's not even a wee bit in my book) TOUCHING my child's hands & face ( sooo not ok, i am a germ-a-phobe) and turning my 30 min shopping trip into an hour because they have to tell me about their kids or their grandkids, or both, or their random friends sister-in-laws niece ( yeah it HAS happened)

All  of this has made me now dread going grocery shopping, or out in public at all for that matter, and it does not help that A-bunny is like the freaking mayor, she waves and says "hi" to almost every little old lady that passes ( they are the worst with the touching & telling me what nationalities we are)

I think i may need to make room in my budget for grocery delivery & save the social encounters for my friends and park days.... i cant help it, it scares me!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys again! Angie is the cutest!
    ~Francesca~

    ReplyDelete