Monday, March 28, 2011

Bar Blue's

Every once in a while I get a little reminiscent of my old lifestyle! So much has changed in the past 20 months it catches me off guard sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was signing up for, and i don't regret it one tiny little bit.... but just the same every once in a while, mostly on a random Friday night, I have this little voice in the back of my head that starts saying "i wish i could go meet S-sue or RyRy or R-baby out at the bar"

For a long time every Friday night, & sometimes Saturday too (with an occasional thirsty Thurs) with no notice other then a phone call and 1 hour to get ready, i was meeting some of my faves out at the bar, and hanging out until 2 or 3am.

Those days are gone, If I'm going out I need 2-3 days notice 2 get a sitter & those 2am nights are not even a possibility, I'm out of there by 12:30 the latest! Because no matter how much fun I am having, A-bunny does not care, she's still waking up same time, and mommy needs 2 be on her game!

I realized after this last time though its not the going out I miss so much, its the people i went out with, some of the nearest & dearest to my heart..... but like I was told by so many before i got married, everything changes when you start a family.
Single or Dating or (non-married) Friends don't have as much in common with you anymore when you become a parent ( unless they are one as well of course) even the married pairs tend to drift if they don't have kiddles too.
Your priorities change immediately, and then before you know it instead of talking about my "big commission check" or "the new coach bag i treated myself to for working my butt off" You are talking about "the trip to the pediatrician" and the " new stroller your looking at for the baby"

I'm no longer the fabulous person I once was with my expensive cloths & shoes  ( who am i kidding yes i am) I just don't have the same things to talk about, I chat & brag about my A-bunny , I'm a proud momma ! 

Its hard for people to stick around and chat as often when they aren't on the same page, if you don't have a teething baby, or know what it is like to sleep train or wean, then the conversation can get pretty boring for them.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking my friends, trust me, i love them, and completely understand what happened! It just stinks on those rare days when i sit and think "i really wanna go out to the bar with --- fill in the blank--"
because its not really wanting to go to the bar, its wanting to get some friend face time like we use 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment